The Celestron Regal M2 80ED 20-60x spotting scope is the successor to the Regal F-ED.
The Regal M2 series is ideally suited for all nature observation, bird watching and/or view observations, but can also be used for the night sky.
The Regal M2 is Celestron’s top line in spotting scopes and are equipped with improved gadgets that you see with the much more expensive spotting scopes from other brands. The lens is equipped with an ED objective, which brings the color spectrum closer together and therefore hardly any color error can be detected. The image of the Regal M2 ED spottingscope is beautifully clear, sharp and rich in contrast. The magnesium body makes the Regal M2 about 14% lighter than its predecessor. The dual focus option allows you to focus the spotting scope quickly and extremely accurately.
Celestron has provided the Regal M2 ED with nitrogen filling this to prevent fogging on the inside, the whole is also waterproof.
The zoom eyepiece gives a nice large field of view and features a pop-up eye adjustment. There is also the possibility to mount an SLR camera on it via a T-Ring. An adapter for this option is included.
Features of the Celestron Regal M2 80ED are:
- ED Objective Lens: Minimizes the color error in a lens, improves sharpness and contrast.
- XLT Coatings (Fully Multi-Coated Optics): For a much better light transmission of the light path.
- Magnesium Alloy Body: Magnesium housing which is lighter and stronger than an aluminum housing.
- Double focus knob: Double adjustment knob for fast, coarse focusing and then precise focusing for fine details.
- Spottingscope can be rotated on a tripod in its suspension on the tripod.
- Zoom eyepiece: With pop up eyepiece, this is for adjusting the correct eye distance to the eyepiece.
- Standard 1.25” eyepiece mount, which means that the zoom eyepiece is interchangeable for any other astronomical eyepiece.
- T-adapter ring included with the spotting scope.
Specifications of the Celestron Regal M2 65ED
|Field of view in degrees:||2.1-1.0°|
|Field of view in m at 1000 m:||37-17|
|Coating:||XLT- Fully Multi Coated|
|Waterproof:||Yes, nitrogen filled|