PrimaLuceLab Eagle4 S advanced control unit
EAGLE4 S is the more powerful version of the EAGLE4. With its Dual Core i3 processor (with Turbo Mode up to 3,9 GHz), 8 GB fast memory, larger SSD (240 GB) and added Thunderbolt 3 port with USB-C connector (that allows even more high speed connectivity, up to 40 Gbps, to devices like high speed storage if you need extra space), EAGLE4 S offers even more power for complex applications! All in a lightweight, compact all-in-one design to be installed on your telescope and that comes with all of the advanced features of EAGLE4.
EAGLE4 S is perfect if you want more power and storage space in your EAGLE but you still want a compact system with low power consumption. The EAGLE4 S can still deliver desktop class performance, with an average power consumption of only 1A, so it can still be powered with a compact field battery – but it delivers more than 1.6x the performance of the standard EAGLE4 making the EAGLE4 S the model with the best price/performances ratio among the EAGLE line.
Intel’s 8th generation i3 processor with only 15W of TDP and 4MB of cache provides desktop class performance with low power consumption. EAGLE4 S offers three USB 3.1 type A ports with transfer data up to 10 Gbps; one USB type C / Thunderbolt 3 port with data transfer rates up to 40 Gbps, as well as five USB 2.0 ports, two HDMI 2.0a ports, a Gigabit LAN port and Wireless 802.11ac.
EAGLE4 S also adds an incredibly fast and powerful Thunderbolt 3 port with USB-C type connector allowing connections up to 40 Gbps with more connectivity options. Compared to a standard USB port, USB-C/Thunderbolt it adds many additional features:
– Speed: while USB 3.0 is up to 5 Gbps, theThunderbolt 3 port offers connectivity speeds up to 40 Gbps
– Power: the Thunderbolt 3 port is capable of providing up to 15 W
– Connectivity: you can connect many devices like external drives, displays, multi port docking stations, audio devices, etc. It allows you to connect as many as 6 devices, daisy chained, through a single compact port. Since it has a USB-C type connector, the cable is reversible so there is no wrong way to connect it. If you have a standard USB-C device, you can connect it to the Thunderbolt 3 port (in this case the maximum speed will be 10 Gbps).
EAGLE4 not only offers exclusive features for advanced astrophotography, but also all the power of a real computer (superior to a Mini PC) to allow you to use any astrophotography software. In order to test its performance, we used the PCMark benchmark and compared EAGLE4/ EAGLE4 S / EAGLE4 PRO with one of the many inexpensive Mini PCs on the market (where we installed the same EAGLE4 operating system for a precise results comparison). As you can see in the picture below, EAGLE4 offers 32% more performance than a common Mini PC with Intel Celeron N3160 processor, 4GB of RAM and SSD disk; EAGLE4 S still raises the gap by bringing this difference to 109%; EAGLE4 PRO boosts everything to a wonderful +153%!
Levering van de PrimaLuceLab Eagle4 S advanced control unit omvat:
- EAGLE unit
- 2 WiFi antennas
- GPS antenna
- 12V power cable with cigarette plug for EAGLE – 250cm
- n.4 M6x8 screws + n.4 M6x10 screws + n.4 M6x12 screws + n.4 n.4 M6x18 screws + n.4 M6x25 screws + n.4 M6x35 screws
- Quick guide