Orion SkyQuest XT6 PLUS Dobsonian Reflector Telescoop
We gave our XT6 Classic an upgrade! Although our SkyQuest XT6 Classic Dob has been a favorite telescope of beginning astronomy enthusiasts for years – and still is – we wanted to roll out a “deluxe” version with some cool design enhancements and an expanded accessory package. The result is the sleek, user-friendly SkyQuest XT6 PLUS Dobsonian! With sharp, powerful optics and point-and-view simplicity, this eye-catching 6″ Dobsonian reflector shines as a plus-sized value.
Starting from the bottom up, we gave the SkyQuest XT6 PLUS a redesigned Dobsonian base with a sleeker, more streamlined look. Weight-saving cutouts in the side panels help make the base easier to move to and from observing sites. A white trim band around the round baseplate of the XT6 PLUS base enhances visibility in the dark. An eyepiece rack is included that can hold up to three 1.25″ eyepieces, making it easy to store and swap between different oculars to vary the magnification of your observations. An upgraded altitude axis tensioning knob improves control of the telescope’s altitude (up/down) motion compared to the XT6 Classic’s fixed-tension springs.
The optical tube of the XT6 PLUS, which sports an attractive “twilight blue” metallic finish, houses a 150mm parabolic (5.9″) mirror with enhanced-reflectivity (94%) aluminum coatings for superior light transmission compared to standard mirrors. Its 1200mm focal length (f/8) means this telescope delivers some serious magnifying power – the included 10mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece will have you studying the Moon’s cratered surface, Jupiter’s cloud bands, or the Hercules Cluster’s dense core at 120x. Insert the 10mm eyepiece into the Shorty 2x Barlow lens, also included, and now you’re resolving myriad details at 240x! Use the other supplied eyepiece, a 25mm Sirius Plossl, for wider-angle (48x) views of sprawling emission nebulas and galaxies, or pop it in the Shorty 2x Barlow to boost the view to 96x. The smooth, 1.25″ rack-and-pinion focuser keeps images sharp no matter what you’re targeting.
At the top end of the SkyQuest XT6 PLUS optical tube you’ll find even more enhancements. In addition to the EZ Finder “red dot” reflex sight for aiming the telescope at your target object, we replaced the typical secondary mirror collimation setscrews with big thumbscrews, for easier, tool-free adjustment when a collimation tweak is needed.
Dial-in celestial details with the smooth 1.25″ rack-and-pinion focuser.
The SkyQuest XT6 PLUS Dobsonian reflector telescope features a 1.25″ PTFE-lined rack-and-pinion focuser built to accept any 1.25″ size Orion eyepiece or accessory. Smooth focus control makes it easy to dial-in fine details when observing objects in the night sky, whether you’re looking at a rocky lunar crater or a wispy nebula. The focuser features two knurled thumbscrews to secure inserted 1.25″ eyepieces in-place.
Two included Sirius Plossl eyepieces provide different magnification options.
Use both of the Sirius Plossl eyepieces included with the XT6 PLUS to alternate between lower and higher-power views of interesting objects in the sky. We recommend starting with the 25mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece to obtain 48x views to scan the night sky for celestial objects. For more powerful views, you can boost the magnification all the way up to 120x by using the 10mm Sirius Plossl telescope eyepiece. Both eyepieces are threaded for use with optional Orion filters (filters sold separately).
Double the magnifying power of 1.25″ eyepieces with the included Shorty 2x Barlow.
A 2-power (2x) Barlow lens is a very versatile telescope accessory that doubles the magnification of any eyepiece installed. Using the included Shorty 2x Barlow with the 25mm eyepiece in the XT6 PLUS reflector bumps its viewing power from 48x to 96x, and boosts the 10mm eyepiece’s magnification from 120x to a staggering 240x for extreme close-up views. What’s more, you can use the compact Shorty 2x Barlow with any other 1.25″ eyepieces you already have, or any you purchase in the future.
Convenient thumbscrew-equipped secondary mirror cell makes adjustments easy.
Like all reflector telescopes, the XT6 PLUS will probably require minor periodic maintenance to make sure its optical mirrors are aligned, or “collimated”. To make collimation adjustments nice and easy, we’ve outfitted the XT6 PLUS Dobsonian telescope’s secondary mirror with knurled thumbscrews so you don’t have to hassle with tools to align the reflecting optics of the telescope.
Bright white base trim helps avoid accidents in dark conditions.
Since stargazing is best when it is very dark outside, there is always a chance of accidentally bumping into or tripping over pieces of equipment that are hard to see in low-light conditions. To help avoid such mishaps from ruining your next observing session, we’ve made the base of the XT6 PLUS easy to see, even in the dark of night, thanks to its highly visible white trim.
This modern makeover and upgrade to our SkyQuest XT6 is a fully loaded, wonderfully affordable telescope for anyone seeking a quality first telescope or a step-up from a smaller-aperture instrument.
Specificaties van de Orion SkyQuest XT6 PLUS Dobsonian Reflector Telescoop:
- Best for viewing: Brighter deep sky
- Best for imaging: Lunar & planetary
- User level: Beginner
- Optical design: Reflector
- Optical diameter: 150mm
- Focal length: 1200mm
- Focal ratio: f/8.0
- Optics type: Parabolic
- Glass material: Low thermal expansion borosilicate glass
- Eyepieces: Sirius Plossl 25.0mm,10.0mm (1.25″)
- Magnification with included eyepieces: 48x, 120x
- Resolving power: 0.77arc*sec
- Lowest useful magnification: 21x
- Highest useful magnification: 300x
- Highest theoretical magnification: 300x
- Limiting stellar magnitude: 13.5
- Optical quality: Diffraction limited
- Finder scope: EZ Finder II
- Focuses: 1.25″ Rack-and-pinion
- Secondary mirror obstruction: 34mm
- Secondary mirror obstruction by diameter: 23%
- Secondary mirror obstruction by area: 5%
- Mirror coatings/over-coatings: Aluminum & Silicon Dioxide
- Mount type: Dobsonian
- Astro-imaging capability: Lunar & planetary
- Computerized compatibility : Not compatible
- Bearing material: PTFE and UHMW bearings
- Tube material: Steel
- Tripod material: Wood
- Length of optical tube: 46.0 in.
- Weight, optical tube: 11.5 lbs.
- Weight, mount/tripod: 21.9 lbs.
- Weight, fully assembled: 34.2 lbs.
- Additional included accessories: Eyepiece rack, 2x Barlow 1.25″, collimation cap
- Other features: Adjustable altitude axis tension knobs, Secondary mirror collimation thumbscrews, Enhanced 94% reflectivity
Levering van de Orion SkyQuest XT6 PLUS Dobsonian Reflector Telescoop omvat:
- Orion SkyQuest XT6 PLUS Dobsonian Reflector Telescope Optical Tube Assembly
- Dobsonian base
- Altitude tension knobs
- Eyepiece rack
- Orion 1.25″ 25mm Sirius Plossl telescope eyepiece
- Orion 1.25″ 10mm Sirius Plossl telescope eyepiece
- Orion 1.25″ Shorty 2x Barlow
- Orion EZ Finder II Reflex Sight
- Collimation cap
- Dust cover for optical tube